1. Medical Stuff:
- This was the week of doctor’s appointments!
- I met my new family doc on Monday, since my last one moved to North Carolina. She went through everything with me and then made the comment, “You are a complicated one, huh?” She asked what her role was in the big picture of everything and if I needed her to do anything while I was there. I said, “Well, I guess you could check my moles…and check me out when I get normal people kinda sick.” She laughed, and not only checked my moles, but also ordered blood work.
- I saw Larry on Tuesday. It was a glorious appointment because I actually had zero work paperwork to go over with him. He spent a whole hour doing OMM on my ribs, thoracic, neck, and jaw.
- I traveled to Mishawaka today for more prolotherapy. Ouch. More on that later…
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Day of PT.
2. A HUGE shout out to my brother, Andy, for crushing the Army’s RSAP Ranger Qualifying Program this week! I’ll brag for him since he won’t do it himself…He scored perfect on all major events and came in second on the 12 mile ruck march. I would also be remiss if I did not point out that his friend and fellow officer, Beless, surprised Andy and showed up to motivate/walk beside him on every step of the march. Selfless acts like that remind me everyday how many GREAT people there are in our world. Andy, we are so proud of you.
3. We bought our plane tickets for Boston! My cousin, Celine is getting married on October 20th in Framingham, MA, and Brad, my parents, siblings, and niece are all going to celebrate Celine and Jeremy, and also visit with my Mom’s side of the family who we have not seen in a long time! October 20th also happens to be my 31st…I am thinking this may be one of the best birthdays…EVER.
4. How do I get myself sucked into mindless reality TV? This week’s selections included Breaking Amish and Beverly Hills Bride. I’m not counting Real Housewives of New Jersey in that category. That’s my weekly guilty pleasure. It’s different and I’m standing by that.
5. I must express my thanks to everyone who nominated me this week for a WEGO Health Activist award for “Best Blog.” I just found out about these awards this week…This is a quick rundown: There are many different categories, the nomination period is open until December 31st, and one of the prizes the winner gets is to represent WEGO Health at many health activist engagements, meetings, and conferences for the year. You can read more about the awards on this FAQS page, and you can nominate your favorite health activist(s) by following this link. Don’t be shy! Go ahead and nominate your favorites. It only takes a few minutes. I have already nominated three of mine.
Trackback from your site.