Well, this is a record for the latest I have ever been for a “Five For Friday.” At least I made it before Sunday.
1. Medical Stuff:
- I had a couple of wheelchair days. I tried my best not to get down about it. My Mom helped with a little tough love, as in “suck it up, it’s temporary, sit your butt down in the chair…” When we got to the mall last Sunday, she reminded me that my wheelchair, Wilamena, gives me the freedom to do things, I would not be able to do otherwise. Thank God for my Mama.
- 1 Day of PT. Focus~Strengthening and neck manipulation.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- Prolotherapy round 12 was yesterday. I got about 90-some shots, but who’s counting?
2. Parent-Teacher conferences are over for the year, and we are officially on spring break! I love my kids, but I’m not gonna lie~I am ready for life to slow down for a week.
3. I’m going back to school in May. Well, okay, not technically back to school, but I am taking a class that is required to get my Professional Teaching Certificate, with my two friends, Angie and Theresa. (Remember this post? That was a very stressful week. I’m trying to avoid a mishap like that again). The class is an online course through Concordia. I’m getting nervous about being able to juggle everything, but at least it starts after the invisible illness fundraising event.
4. Speaking of the event, a lot of exciting developments happened this week. I received the materials from the National Dysautonomia Research Foundation, I met with Lou and Harry’s about finalizing details, one of my heroes is going to be a guest speaker, the press kits are done and being sent out, we are having a silent auction with a lot of amazing donations from various businesses, AND I got the dress I’m going to wear. I’m getting pretty stoked. Now, if I only could stop having nightmares about no one showing up. I guess you could say that I’m getting pretty anxious too.
Trackback from your site.