Late again. I am noticing a pattern. If I have a crazy week, then by Friday night I have about one spoon left which I need to use to get ready for bed instead of blogging. Last night I was also covered in Vick’s Vapor Rub from head to toe and had to do a couple of nebulizer treatments to get my asthma under control. I am really, REALLY trying to dodge a trip to urgent care. Anyways, here are my “five + 1” for this week….
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT
- 3 Days of Home Rehab
- Had another appointment with Larry to help with some of the rib and neck pain I have had lately. He did some GENTLE manipulations. No assignment is due until my July appointment.
- Awesome appointment with Dr. Rosen. Theme: Evolving.
2. As you probably have already read, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time on Tuesday, but I was also extremely lucky. An armed robber hit my car going 100 MPH during a police chase. He was eventually caught and arrested on the lawn of the Lugnuts Stadium. The extent of what could have happened to me did not really register until the police officers came to my house to do the report. I was told that they do not see many people come out without a scratch after something like that and I definitely had someone watching over me. Then, I really lost it when Dr. Rosen told me the next day, “The Big Guy doesn’t usually let people survive getting hit at 100 MPH unless they still have some important things to do.” I can’t say it enough. I am blessed.
3. While Brad was golfing last weekend, my Mom-In-Law and Dad-In-Law picked me up Saturday to go to my sister-in-law, Jill’s house in Spring Lake. What a fun getaway. I got to hang with Jill, Steph (sister-in-law), Chris (brother-in-law), and 4 out of 5 of my nieces-Casey, Kendall, Jameson, and Cami Rose. We spent time at the beach in Grand Haven. Casey, Chris, and I were the crazies and swam in the 58 degree Lake Michigan water. Let me just say that I realized the water was some great pain management! We also played Scattergories, ate yummy food, and watched Casey’s soccer game at Grand Haven High School. Thank you Jill for such a fabulous weekend!
Oh, and Brad did not win the trophy. I am glad someone else won it this year 🙂 He came home in one piece.
4. Dad had surgery yesterday. Last Saturday morning he broke his foot coming down the stairs. He met with the surgeon Tuesday and was told he needed a plate and 6 screws, which is exactly what was done. You never know what will happen when a Dama goes in for surgery, so I am happy to report that everything went as planned. He is doing well, and will be in a boot for 6-8 weeks.
5. I was so happy I was able to attend my Principal’s retirement party Thursday night. What a nice tribute to a great leader. I will never forget the support she has given me as a teacher and throughout this roller coaster of the last year. She will be missed!
Trackback from your site.