It’s the last Five For Friday while I’m still 31! I know I am getting older because I just found my first gray eyebrow hair yesterday. Gah! I plucked that baby real fast. I probably can’t blame it on EDS…or can I…???
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of treadmill work on my own. Plus weights, balance work, and floor work.
- 1 Day of PT. I spent most of the session working out on the Alter-G (anti-gravity) treadmill at a higher incline and pace. My PT did some cranial OMM, and also checked to make sure I am firing my scaps and glutes properly.
- I just have two more days on my antibiotics. I am feeling much more human, or I guess I should say I am back to feeling like my “zebra” self again. That’s a good thing.
2. Last weekend my brother came home on leave from the Army. He came and kept me company while I was sick. I also got to meet his new girlfriend Renée who is extremely beautiful and kind.
3. So what if I love these and eat one a day? And it was my three-year-old niece who got me hooked? It’s all about convenience, people. No judging 🙂
4. One of my students came into school the other day so smiley and huggy and proud. She kept asking if I got “it.” I felt bad because I had no idea what “it” was. She took my hand and led me over to where they turn in their homework folders. Inside hers was a piece of fabric with our names on it. She said, “This. It’s your new purse. I made it for you.”
Four and five-year-olds are the BEST.
5. It was a new music week and I LOVE new music weeks. I got the Avett Brother’s new album which I love so far, and my friend, Chris Trapper released his new album, Technicolor yesterday. I am hoping it’s on its way as we speak. You guys should check him out. He has headlined our Life as a Zebra Foundation benefit the last two years, and will be back again this year. He’s not only one of the best, most amazing singer-songwriters that I know, but he is also one of the kindest people I know.
Trackback from your site.