Well, I am another year older!
1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 Days of Home Rehab. Treadmill and recumbent bike, with some light weights and strengthening exercises thrown in!
- My PT was out of town this week…
- No doctors either. Pretty quiet week. I like those : )
- I scheduled my next Dr. Grubb appointment. I was supposed to see him in November, but I could not get in until mid-January. Actually, that’s not bad for him.
- My body has decided this week it does not need naps. I disagree. A lot.
2. So many people made turning 34 so special! It was a great day filled with Gerber daisies, chocolate, family and friends, minion birthday hats, homemade crowns, phone calls, stuffed shells and meatballs for dinner, and a Spartan win last weekend. People always tell me, “You shouldn’t tell your real age.” I always say, “I was in a wheelchair at 28. I did 4 miles on the treadmill on my 34th birthday. I’m proud and grateful for that.”
Life is good.
3. I want to send a giant shout-out to Kim Pearch for getting a resolution passed that made October Dysautonomia Awareness Month in Michigan! I am sorry I could not join you at the Senate on Wednesday, but I was with you in spirit, and am so thankful for your hard work! Teamwork makes the dream work!
4. From the chronicles of ‘Kindergarten with Ms. Katie…’
Our focus letter was Tt this week. As we were brainstorming words that start with Tt, one of my beautiful, 5-year-old, angels said, “I have a realllllyyyy great one and I bet you’ll never guess it.” I started naming Tt words right and left, and she kept saying “NOPE!” with a huge grin. She finally yells, “Ms. Katie, it’s TAMPON! You’re a grown up! You use them!”
Gah. One of those times, the teacher courses you took just don’t prepare you for moments like that ; ). I did write it down. It DID start with Tt.
5. I renewed my handicap sticker on Wednesday. Have you ever had something you disliked, but were also so grateful for it, at the same time? We have a complicated relationship…
Trackback from your site.