1. Medical Stuff:
- Infusion on Wednesday.
- PT on Thursday.
- 3 Home Workouts. 21 Day Fix, and treadmill and bike.
- I LOVE Shakeology. I have found something with having gastroparesis that fills me up, gives me so many nutrients, and is gentle on my gut. Let me say it again, louder I LOVE IT.
2. Keeping it real. Had my Infusion Wednesday. The nurse woke me up when I was finished because I had fallen asleep the last hour and a half. She took my stats like usual before she could let me go home. BUT…like chronic illness does, things don’t always go as planned, and I did not get to leave.
My blood pressure was so low (70/42) that she wouldn’t let me leave, and then she proceeded to take it a few more times because she didn’t believe it…Still crazy low. She still didn’t believe it so she went and got a new machine…still crazy low. She squeezed the air out of the cuff…still crazy low. She told me to wiggle around but not stand up…still crazy low. So I stayed and waited…and waited some more. 2 hours later I got to leave because it went up enough to stand and drive safely.
So no workout like I had planned. No walk with Brad like we do every Wednesday. No workout participation in my challenge group.
That’s invisible illness, folks. Creeps up on you and puts you on your back when you least expect it.
Not posting this for pity, but for understanding. Especially because I was told this week, “Must be nice to be able to only work half time.” You never know what someone is going through. Always be kind
3. I joined a 21 Day Challenge Group! It is all about accountability with nutrition and exercise. I am loving it so far, and am finding it to be the push I need; especially to eat cleaner. However, I had three dinners out this week. Tuesday with Brad and my in-laws, Thursday date night with Brad, and last night with two zebra friends. That made it more challenging, but I made sure I stayed away from carbs and ate salads and grilled fish. Here’s hoping I don’t fall of the wagon this weekend!
4. WEGO Health Update: As a finalist, I had to record a video of myself. Oh. Em. Gee. So frustrating. I tried five different days and the app they asked me to use would NOT work. After 353774499 takes and 353774499 failed attempts, they told me to just use my ipad and email it. Thank you, lord, it is finally done.
5. I LOVE this. These words ring so true. RIP, Tom Petty. : /
Trackback from your site.