1. Medical Stuff:
- I had ZERO appointments this week. ZERO. Craziness.
- A few walks with Gru through the DARK neighborhood now that daylight savings time has come and gone. Not loving all of the darkness. Sigh…
- Hit 30 weeks on Tuesday! 75% of the way there!
2. This baby is definitely loved. We celebrated Baby J at his/her first baby shower on Sunday. My other “Mama,” Sue, and my sister from another mister, Holly put it together and in my “unbiased” opinion, it was the best shower in the history of showers ; ) Every detail was so thoughtful, you could feel the love in the room, it was wonderful company, and we now have an amazing start on baby gear. Brad and I are feeling awfully grateful. This is one of the only pictures I got…
(and if you need us, we will be organizing all of the fun stuff this weekend)
3. I VOTED! And it felt oh, so good. And the results FEEL even better. Some of my hope has been restored.
4. I read this yesterday and cried. Infertility is such an isolating thing. Whenever someone shares their story, it’s like a breath of fresh air…there is so much power in vulnerability.
“It turns out that two go getters with a deep love and robust work ethic can’t will themselves into getting pregnant,” Michelle Obama said opening up about her struggle with infertility, miscarriage, and conceiving her two daughters through IVF. “I felt like I failed because I didn’t know how common miscarriages were because we don’t talk about them. We sit in our own pain, thinking that somehow we’re broken…I think it’s the worst thing that we do to each other as women, not share the truth about our bodies and how they work…” ~M. Obama
5. Finally, I have posted this before, but I think these are ALWAYS good reminders. I know I needed them this week…
Trackback from your site.