1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 Days of Home Rehab. I upped my incline on the treadmill by two levels this week to try to get more of a burn in my legs. I know that for me, the stronger my legs are, the better I do with both, pain control and POTS sickness. I’ll be back at PT on Monday.
- I had my December Larry appointment on Tuesday, which included lots of cranial and jaw OMM. One of the residents came in to talk to me first. I could tell I was confusing the poor guy more and more, as I answered his questions. When he left the room to see if Larry was ready, I heard him say to someone, “I have never seen someone like her before. I think I need some help with this patient.” Ha! In my opinion, at least he could admit it, and asked for guidance. I think it would be better if more doctors had the courage to do so. SIDE NOTE: I have experienced a lot of pain in my life, but jaw OMM has to be up there with the worst. Holy tears in my eyes. It is amazing though how much better I feel afterwards.
- I had a pelvic ultrasound this week. That’s always a blast.
- POTS. My POTS has been flaring which means very little sleep, blood pooling, increased dizziness, and lots of fatigue. I have been told it may be due to the weather. I also think I am doing too much, with it being such a busy time of year. I am making a conscious effort this weekend to take it really slow and rest and recover. QUESTION for my fellow POTSies: Do you ever feel like there are crazy amounts of adrenaline rushing through your body, and your heart is going to come out of your chest? If so, what do you do to help? Are there any secrets out there?
2. I can’t cook to save my life but I can make a mean batch of reindeer food!
3. I got my zebra gear from Live. Love. Michigan this week and I can honestly say I LOVE it. Angie, one of my best teacher friends, and I wore our turquoise shirts to school this week. The kids thought it was so funny that we were “twins.” Just 17 more days to order! Proceeds will go to invisible illness awareness and research! YOU CAN ORDER YOUR GEAR HERE.
4. Anyone else think online Christmas shopping is the best invention ever; especially when having EDS and POTS? I am pretty sure Amazon Prime is what is helping to keep me sane and upright right about now.
5. My baby sister is here for a whole month! I have always felt the magic of Christmas, and have loved everything about it as far back as I can remember. However, the “magic” took on a whole new meaning, after Allie pulled through and survived life-threatening seizures on Christmas night, 2008. Ever since then, Christmas has come to mean so much more. I’m pretty ecstatic to have a whole month of having her around.
Trackback from your site.