1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 Days of Home Rehab.
- I had my 6 month follow-up with Bev (Dr. Grubb) for POTS on Monday.
- I had my yearly EDS follow-up with Dr. Lavallee on Thursday.
- My ribs feel like they are going to collapse. Not cool. Not cool at all.
After a week of traveling, teaching, appointments, and rehab, this pretty much sums it up for me tonight…
I have so much to blog about. Now, I just have to find the time AND the energy.
2. To get my rehab in, I had to pull out what I call, “The Big Gun” this week. I save this t-shirt only for days that I really, really need it. And go figure, it has never failed to get me through.
3. A highlight of the week was that I finally got to meet one of my fellow POTSy friends, Steph in person when I went to Toledo. Steph is a medical student at the University of Toledo, and is definitely a fighter. We have been emailing back and forth, so when she found out I was coming for my appointment, she made the visit happen. We were able to chat for about 45 minutes in the waiting room until I was called back. How fitting for zebra friends to meet for the first time in a cardiologist’s office? I am excited to help Steph work on an Invisible Illness campaign for the University of Toledo. I admire her determination to get the project going. I only wish I had gotten a picture of the two of us!
4. Congrats to Coach Izzo on his 400th win! Spartan pride for life!
5. I accomplished one of my 50 goals this week. Brad and I visited The Grotto at Notre Dame. It was a very personal, spiritual, and beautiful experience.
Trackback from your site.