1. Medical Stuff:
- I’m not gonna sugar coat. This has been a rough week with neck, face, upper back, and jaw pain. I missed two days of school and went on an unplanned trip to Indiana to get prolotherapy injections. I have been on my heating pad more than I have not. I have puked from the pain. I have backed off from rehab to try and get things to calm down. I am working on not freaking out.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. No PT.
- Prolotherapy on Monday. I messaged my doc on Sunday about my pain and was in his office Monday morning. After 60ish injections, I was on my way back to Michigan. I’m extremely grateful for docs who will make time for patients, and will do what they can to try and get to the bottom of the pain.
- I saw Larry on Tuesday for OMM. I showed him the specific spot on my neck that has been giving me a lot of pain, including shooting pain into my left eye and lots of headaches. He is thinking it is occipital neuralgia, which is giving me ocular migraines. I did get some relief from him using gentle manipulation in that area. Ahhhh. Fun times…: )
- I saw my shrink on Thursday. It was a much needed appointment, and I walked out of the office with a much better perspective. And a much better ability to breathe in and out.
2. This is new so I decided to make it its own #. When I was in Indiana for prolo, Dr. C talked to me again about how he thinks my TMJ from EDS is a major culprit when it comes to my pain. He has referred me to another doctor in Indiana who deals strictly with neck, head, and TMJ pain. I see him at the end of February and am hoping for some positive results and treatment options. The best news is I was told he is well versed in EDS. That is always a good sign. Fingers crossed.
3. I want to highlight our partnership with the University of Toledo this week! Working with them has been incredible. Please click the link below to read about the researchers and the research that Life as a Zebra Foundation is helping to fund!
4. One of the best valentines I received this week from one of my students read:
“You have stripes and are more precious to me than my glass mirror.”
5. AND in case you forgot, we launched ticket sales and donations for our 5th annual benefit on April 16th!
You can buy tickets and/or make a donation here: Tickets & Donations
You can find full event information here: Full Event Information
Tags: 2016 Benefit Concert, Appointments, Dr. Cantieri, Dr. Grubb, Dr. Rosen, Humor, Larry, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Pain, Partnerships, Prolotherapy, Research, Struggles, Teaching, TMJ, UTMC
Trackback from your site.