1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. I was dragginggggg. Days like that, I greatly appreciate my PT’s tough love.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Treadmill and floor exercises.
- I had an OMM appointment on Thursday for cranial therapy. I told her all about Henry (my annoying left eye twitch that will not leave). She decided to do auricular therapy, or in other words, ear acupuncture. She put 3 needles in my left ear, and they actually just fell out this morning. I’ll be honest. I was kinda skeptical at first, but I have had the most relief I’ve had in a month after she inserted the needles. The human body NEVER ceases to amaze me.
2. I did an interview with Lansing State Journal yesterday. I am always impressed when reporters arrive who obviously have already researched things like invisible illnesses, EDS, Allie’s story, etc. Kate, who did the interview sat with me for two hours and we just talked. That’s how I like it. Informal and like chatting with an old friend. The article will come out sometime the week of March 30th. Thank you, Kate and LSJ!
3. Last weekend was the Zebra Zoom 5k! It was such an incredible labor of love headed by two amazing 11 year olds; Zoe and Isabelle. These girls worked for months preparing for the race. Every detail was planned out with love, down to the zebra trophies for the race winners. People came from all over, and it was a morning of awareness, camaraderie, love, and support. Our foundation has always made it our mission to start with our youth, but these girls and their hard work far surpassed our wildest dreams. Over $1,000 was raised and funds are still coming in for invisible illnesses. These girls are rock stars…heroes…amazing young ladies. It was one of the most touching experiences in my life, and I thank these ladies, their families, and all of the participants, sponsors, and volunteers from the bottom of my heart. Zoe and Isabelle are already planning for next year!
(Sidenote: I was able to run the whole thing. So grateful).
4. March Madness! Brad gets me Gerber daisies on the first day of the tournament each year. This year was no different…They are beautiful! I am hoping they are also lucky Michigan State Gerber daisies. We will see! GO GREEN!
5. 3 Weeks from today! Gah!
You can find full event information here:
Trackback from your site.