March Madness continues! And I am not talking about basketball. We just have so much going on this month.
1. Medical Stuff:
- I had to take Monday off for a specialist appointment.
- This upcoming week, the treadmill should FINALLY be arriving. I miss it. Didn’t think I would this much.
- 2 Home Rehab sessions: One, outside hitting the pavement and one Beachbody workout that left my legs feeling like straight up JELLO.
- Had to take PT off this week because of Kindergarten Round Up.
- I had my two year eye checkup on Thursday. Picked out some new glasses, and had to have the whole gamut of testing. Why, you ask? Oh, EDS, you can effect everything. I had one test that pointed to Glaucoma (which can be because of EDS). I had a more advanced test, that turned out okay, but we will be watching it closely from here on out. Never dull ; )
2. Kindergarten Round Up.
29 children with super wide eyes.
529793686836 questions answered.
And one child that told me my house needed a bedroom. As in my classroom…as my house.
I love the curiosity and awe that kindergarten round up brings. It is one of my favorite days of the year.
3. March is Reading Month! We had some pretty amazing readers this week in our classroom including:
- Fred, a 75 year old, cool ass tortoise from Preuss Pets that helped my friend, Kirbay read, “Who wants to be a Tortoise?
- The Grandma of one of my babies who I recognized as my 6th grade math teacher the moment she walked in the door. Whoa, talk about flashbacks. And feeling old.
4. On Saturday, one of our board members, Angie and I spent the morning at Calvin College’s Rare Disease Symposium. What a wonderful day of information, awareness, community, action, and hope. Thank you, Calvin College for inviting us to be a part of it! Thank you for also working so hard on the behalf of everyone with rare diseases! Check them out, you guys! They are doing great things!
Trackback from your site.