What. A. Week. I felt like a hamster on a wheel for most of it. Whew.
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. That is it for the week. Fail.
- 1 Infusion at Sparrow. So far, so good. It has definitely been worth the three hours of sitting for each one.
2. My teaching partner and I were in charge of literacy night at our school on Tuesday. We spent a solid month of planning and coordinating and emailing, but we had a great turnout and things went well…the night was packed with community organization visits, a magician, free books for kids, visiting authors and illustrators, and the middle schoolers did a spaghetti dinner fundraiser which was INCREDIBLE. I feel like my life the last few months has consisted of: plan events, teach, eat, plan events, sleep, repeat. One event down. One BIG one to go in 13 days…
3. On Tuesday, Allie and I also met with Representative Schor and Senator Hertel’s office about a joint resolution to declare the week of May 22-28, Invisible Illness Awareness Week in Michigan. It went well, and I am happy to report that it is a go! The draft has already been sent to us for review…stay tuned for this year’s theme…
4. Allie and I always, always, always have our dresses for the benefit way before April. Well, with my Dad’s heart surgery and life going at lightning speed, we went shopping for the first time on Saturday. We went to Coco’s Off the Rack, and both found ours there on the first try. That never happens. Yesterday, we did alterations, and they will be ready just in time. Talk about cutting it close.
5. Less than two weeks. WHAAAAAAAT??? Still trying to keep calm and have faith that everything will go well! The information for our 5th annual benefit concert is below! Life as a Zebra Foundation is helping to fund Dr. Grubb’s groundbreaking POTS research for the second year in a row. Join us for a night of information, entertainment, and hope!
You can buy tickets and/or make a donation here: Tickets & Donations
You can find full event information here: Full Event Information
Trackback from your site.