After a big week last week of Bob Seger and Philly, I knew I had to lay pretty low this week…Sunday and Monday I was a mess, but by Tuesday I was feeling a lot more human. Hopefully these five won’t bore you to tears…Especially since I have only a couple of pictures. Everything on my computer was wiped out yesterday. I still don’t know why. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 days of PT. Circuit work and elliptical work. I tried to do the recumbent bike yesterday but I was “taching” too much (heart rate too high) so I had to stop. At least I got in a good amount of strengthening before the POTS attack hit.
- 2 days of home rehab.
- I had my monthly appointment with Larry. I turned in my Apollo 13 assignment, we talked about where I am at with my goals/progress, what to discuss with Dr. Cantieri on Monday and Dr. Grubb’s NP on Wednesday, and we figured out a plan for my continuing physical therapy.
- After going over my sources of pain, we realized that EDS is affecting my jaw. It keeps popping and subluxing, giving me some of my neck and jaw pain. I am to wear my mouth guard more, and watch it. If it gets too bad, I can be referred to a doctor who only works on TMJ problems. I have also heard you can have prolotherapy on your jaw. Hmmm…
- Larry wrote me a prescription for a new pain med cream I had to have made at the compound pharmacy to help with spasms; especially in my neck (since I HATE taking muscle relaxers). He also wrote me a prescription for open toe compression stockings!
- The good news about open toe stockings? They are open toe. The bad news about open toe stockings? They only come in opaque, not sheer like my other ones. I guess beggars can’t be choosers, right? I am still waiting for them to come in the mail.
2. I took my Grandma’s painting to Michael’s. They told me they do not do art restoration, only framing, and if I wanted to have it restored, I would probably have to ship it to a museum in Chicago or New York. This did not sound right to me, so I went home and googled “art restoration in Michigan.” I found ONE place~Frames Unlimited in East Lansing that said they restore art. I took the painting there, and long story short, it is being shipped to a woman who works for the store who does their restorations. I was told she will call me with a quote. The man I talked to said to plan on around $100-$150 to have the background and my Grandma’s signature restored. Whoa, that was more than I thought, but as I thought about it more and more I decided it was worth it. I am now waiting on the woman to call and give me her figure so I can (hopefully) give her the green light.
3. Yesterday, one of my best buds, Theresa came for a visit. We originally had plans to try and go for a walk, but since she came after therapy on my “tachy” day, we just sat and gabbed since I was pretty wiped out. We had a great visit nevertheless. Time always flies when we have our girl talks.
4. Tonight, Brad went to his school’s dance. It was a tropical theme, so this is how he left the house…
I joined in on the fun too before he took off…Makes me feel “summery”
Thank goodness for our tub full of “parrothead wear” for Jimmy Buffett concerts.
5. A few more randoms for the week..
- I found I love the show Extreme Couponing. Guilty pleasure.
- I got another awesome letter from Andy.
- I am getting anxious about the week ahead of me. Prolotherapy in Indiana Monday and my Dr. Grubb appointment in Ohio on Wednesday. The price of gas can come down anytime now…
- I was notified yesterday by Google as I was uploading my Philly pics, that I had run out of space, and if I wanted more space, I had to pay for it. I had no idea this is how it works…Apparently you are given 1 GB for free but once that it is used up, you must pay for more GB’s. I paid 5 bucks for 20 GB’s. I didn’t think that was bad at all.
- When Brad gets home from his dance tonight, it will be time for one of our absolute favorite shows. The Friday Night Lights season 5 premiere! “Clear eyes, Full hearts, Can’t lose!” We have been giddy about it all week long.
Trackback from your site.