The 3rd annual is in the books! I will need to devote a whole post to the night…and figure out what words I can use to really express the emotions I continue to feel over the incredible generosity, love, and support we have received from so many who have embraced us and our cause. It is hard to put the grandiosity of these emotions into words, but I will try my best…I will try to get to work on that soon. I will also post Allie and my speeches.
1. Medical Stuff:
- As expected, I became pretty sick after the event. I crashed hard. I had to cancel PT and I only got in one day of home rehab. I am thankfully slowly starting to feel better. But again, I do not want to complain. It was definitely worth the crash…
- No doctors. This upcoming week, I am back at my intensive doctor and therapy schedule.
- I’m sleeping a little better now…3:30 am has been my buddy this week so hopefully I will start sleeping through the nights again. Every single symptom is better when I sleep. I’m sure many of you can relate.
2. It was back to school this week. We had our last night of conferences on Wednesday. I can’t believe this year is almost over. I heard the other day we have something like 36 school days left. Unbelievable.
3. By Thursday night, I was finally feeling okay enough to leave the house to go somewhere other than teach. My cousin, Jen, is a stand up comic and has won lots of awards. She was in town to perform so Brad and I headed out to see her. She is amazing. I cannot imagine the courage it takes to get up there and rock the mic like she did. I was in awe.
4. I will be meeting this week with our zebra lawyer and another lawyer about working with our elected officials to get an official declaration issued by the state (of Michigan) government that recognizes either an invisible illness week or month. I am really excited about this project and the possibilities it could provide to help continue to spread awareness. Fingers crossed.
5. Benefit! For now, I will leave you with a few pictures! So many great memories, so many generous people, so much fun, so much love…We are still crunching numbers for an official total so stay tuned…Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who has believed in us, supported us, and have helped us make a difference. We are so grateful and cannot thank you enough. xo
Trackback from your site.