1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT…2 C’s & 1 S: Cardio, cranial, and strengthening.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- My first yoga class! I modified some, but I was able to do the majority of the class. I am looking forward to learning the poses and physical movements, but what speaks to me the most is the mind/body/spirit connection; learning how to slow down, breathing techniques, truly being present, and learning how to let go. All areas of my life I need work on : )
- I saw my OMM doc on Thursday. She worked from my toes to the top of my head, to make sure everything was where it’s supposed to be. I also had ear acupuncture again, since I received so many benefits last time.
2. Life as a Zebra Foundation received some wonderful news this week!
The non-profit ePIFanyNow™ (www.epifanynow.org) is recognizing two of Life as a Zebra‘s biggest supporters, Isabelle Wynn and Zoe Ziegler, with the first annual Y-PIF Award (Youth passing kindness forward) for organizing the ZEBRA ZOOM RUN in March, which raised over $1,000 for LIFE AS A ZEBRA.
The Y-PIF Award includes $500.00 to LIFE AS A ZEBRA! And even more money can be raised by visiting the www.epifanynow.org website! On Sunday, May 3, Isabelle and Zoe will be honored at the ePIFanyNow pass-it-forward party and we need you to help support and honor them for the work they have done, and continue to do! If you are in the Lansing area, and are interested in attending, it is a fun and free event! You can RSVP to the event at www.epifanynow.org!
3. We had kindergarten round-up on Tuesday. Round up day is one of my favorite days of the school year. So many wide eyes, and excited children. The day reminds me that us early childhood teachers are honored with the gift of giving our children their first experiences with everything that is “school.” I do not ever want to take that responsibility lightly. One four-year-old even puked on me this year ; )…but it was still a great night and turn-out!
4. This one is big. It definitely warrants its own number. I took three naps this week. I don’t want to jinx myself, but I feel like I *may* be getting back on a much better sleep schedule.
5. I picked up my Matron of Honor dress for Allie’s wedding! Kristen and I are sharing the responsibility of being Co-Matron’s of Honor. I get all teary about it. My baby sister is getting hitched. Hard to believe…I am so, so happy for Al and Gabe.
Trackback from your site.