1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Core circuit, cardio, and OMT!
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Interval training.
- I saw my shrink on Thursday. We adjusted my meds, and I talked. A lot. It is so crazy; I have been seeing my doc now for 18 years. More than half my life. And not ashamed one little bit. Proud, actually to be focusing on my mental health too.
2. After taking a bit of a hiatus, I am back doing some intense zebra-ing and planning…coming up: 5K, Zebra Day at my school, Invisible Illness Awareness Week in Michigan, and more planning for the future! Stay tuned…: )
3. So many things to look forward to…one of them? We booked a June girl’s NYC trip this week. My niece got to pick what she wanted to do for her birthday and she chose a trip on the train to NYC; specifically Central Park and Serendipity. Of all the places I’ve traveled, I’ve never been to NYC…super stoked.
4. For me, one of the best and most important parts about being a teacher is the bond you form with your kids and families while they are in your class, AND long after. Relationships are everything…EVERYTHING. Saturday, I was so grateful to get to spend the afternoon with many of my former students while we celebrated one of their birthdays at the roller skating rink. Pretty awesome that they still think their kindergarten teacher is kinda cool ; )
5. Brad and I were honored to have the chance to attend Lansing’s Promise Dinner Thursday night. It was an inspiring, entertaining, and informative evening with Magic Johnson, his wife Cookie, Lansing’s business leaders, and teacher friends. The Lansing Promise works to ensure that every child living and schooling within the Lansing School District boundaries has access to college and career training after high school. Lots of goosebumps that night…
Trackback from your site.