1. Medical Stuff:
- Was a nice, quiet week on the medical front.
- 2 days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Day of PT.
- That is IT.
2. It was a busy week with everything else though. Zebra-ing, a photo shoot, and teaching! I feel like I have a lot of balls in the air right now, and am just trying to stay organized, healthy, rested, and ahead of the game. On the teaching front, we are ending the year, which means TONS of extra activities. Monday, we have reading night which I organized in twelve days. Gah. Fingers crossed it goes well.
3. Zebra-ing. This month is certainly one of my most busy months! Currently, I am working on our upcoming Zebra Day at my school, Team Zebra at our upcoming 5k, getting ready to work a few health fairs, meeting with people about events for 2018, and working with our House and Senate for Invisible Illness Week in Michigan. Lots of balls, I tell ya. Thank goodness for our board.
4. Guys! I stepped out of my comfort zone and did an invisible illness awareness photo shoot. It was a pretty vulnerable thing for me, but I am so thankful for Mary’s, (the photographer) vision and selflessness in wanting to team up and help spread awareness. If you check out Life as a Zebra’s Facebook page, you can see a few of the photos.
Mary poured her heart and soul into the photo shoot, and I will always be grateful to her for her passion to help all of us zebras everywhere. I am in awe of her talent, her attention to every detail, and the way she tells a story through her work. However, I am most in awe of her heart. Please read the blog post she wrote this week and you will see what I mean. And if you are inclined, please, please, please share. Bringing visibility to the invisible illness fight that so many face is our goal. You never know who you could help.
5. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas in our zebra family. Wishing you a day of love and laughter no matter how and where you spend it! xx
Tags: 5k, Awareness, Blogs, Events, Gratitude, Health Fairs, Invisible Illness, Invisible Illness Awareness Week, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Mary Turner Gajda Photography, Mother's Day, Photo Shoots, Upcoming Events, Zebra Day
Trackback from your site.