1. Medical Stuff:
- No PT. All rehab was on my own this week.
- 3 Days of Home Rehab.
- No doctor’s appointments either. It is a very rare week for me when I have zero therapy or doctor appointments!
2. On Wednesday, Allie and I had our day at the Michigan Senate! We were escorted onto the Senate floor as we watched the Senate Majority Leader, Randy Richardville, introduce a resolution to declare the week of May 25-31 as Invisible Illness Awareness Week in Michigan. We looked on with awe as the resolution was embraced and passed unanimously by the other Senators. It is official everyone! Tomorrow is the beginning of Invisible Illness Awareness Week in Michigan!
3. We have made some updates to our foundation website! Please check out the link below for upcoming dates and events! These include Invisible Illness Awareness Week, a thirty-one party to benefit Ehlers-Danlos research, Zebra Day at my school, a Zebra Team 5k, Gympalooza, and our 2015 benefit! SAVE THE DATE! : )
If you have any questions about any of them, please email me at email@example.com!
4. One of my students walked into school yesterday and tapped me on the shoulder. She said, “Ms. Katie, I made you something and it took me six days. I hope you love it. Close your eyes and don’t open them until I tell you to.” Of course I followed this six year old’s directions and when she yelled, “open!” I saw what she made, and I DID fall in love. And I DID cry a few tears, which made for an interesting “sometimes we cry happy tears” discussion. I’m starting to feel emotional about the end of the year. I’m gonna miss these kids. Two weeks…
5. Brad was gone all last weekend on his annual GGW (Guys Golf Weekend) so Allie, my Mom, and I had our own fun. We spent Sunday at the East Lansing Art Fair checking out the goods, and seeing one of our favorites, Joshua Davis, (second zebra benefit) perform.
Allie left yesterday.
No, I do not like it.
Yes, I am counting the days until she will be back.
Trackback from your site.