Holy MOLY, this was a crazy week. But I’m still standing…Barely.
1. Medical Stuff:
- Not proud of this, but this was one of those weeks where I had so much other stuff going on that I had to cancel PT and miss one day of Home Rehab just to survive/nap/rest instead. Blah.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. Lots of cardio and scap strengthening.
- I saw my shrink on Thursday. It is always the days I think I don’t need him, when I realize I need him the most.
- I am sleeping like crap. Too much going on.
2. Invisible Illness Awareness Week! Allie is running the campaign this week and she is killing it! Check out our Life as a Zebra Facebook Page to read up on our “Visible in Number” social media campaign. And thank Allie if you can! Tuesday, both the Senate and the House unanimously adopted resolutions declaring May 21-27, 2017, Invisible Illness Awareness Week in the State of Michigan! Thank you Senator Curtis Hertel Jr. and Representative Andy Schor for working with our foundation and for your leadership and support on this! Awareness and education are key to bringing visibility to invisible illnesses!
3. On Monday, I got the chance to go watch my brother take his oath and receive his police badge. Just call him Officer SIX! (Ladies, he is single!) ; ) So proud!
4. Trying to soak up every last second with my babies. Only nine more school days left, packed full of events and activities. Praying my body cooperates and we have the best end of the year. We have become a family this year, and I’m pretty sure I’m gonna bawl on June 9th!
5. I had the second and last photo shoot for invisible illness awareness today. I am so excited about it. Many of the pictures are extremely personal, and I became a bit emotional during this shoot. Mary Gajda did the shoot again, and she blows me away with her amazing talent and beautiful heart. I will post these soon on the Life as a Zebra Facebook page if you want to check them out.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, friends!
Tags: Allie, Andy, Awareness, Dr. Rosen, House Of Representatives, Invisible Illness, Invisible Illness Awareness Week, Life as a Zebra Facebook Page, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Mary Turner Gajda Photography, Photo Shoots, Rep Schor, Senate, Senator Hertel, Sleep, Teaching
Trackback from your site.