1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- I saw my shrink on Tuesday. Mental health…just as important as physical health!
- I saw one of my OMM docs on Thursday. My left side was way out of whack. Thankful for gentle manipulative medicine to get me back in place.
- I’ve been struggling with a Gastroparesis flare this week. Hoping it will pass much sooner than later.
2. A day in the life of kindergarten. I found myself in a “debate” this week with one of my five-year-olds about why “urinal” does not start with a Yy. Three things:
- At least he is hearing the correct Yy sound.
- If you’ve never seen a kindergartener draw themselves at a urinal, you are missing out.
- The English language can be very confusing.
3. 2nd Annual Zebra Zoom! May 14th! 9:30! Okemos, MI!
Two incredible young ladies from Okemos, Isabelle and Zoe, are at it again and are organizing the second annual Zebra Zoom 5K! These two remarkable young ladies (12 years old) came up with the idea to create a race in hopes of raising money for the Life As A Zebra Foundation. They even won the prestigious Y-PIF award last year which honors youth who are passing kindness forward and making positive contributions to their community for organizing the first zebra zoom! The LAAZF is honored our mission has awakened such compassion for others in these young ladies!
We are working hard to get as many participants as possible in order to make this a great success, and we hope you will help us! There is no fee to participate… It is strictly donation! Please help us support their efforts, spread awareness… and of course, get healthy!
For more race information, please visit: zebrazoom.weebly.com
To get more information on the Life as a Zebra Foundation, please visit: www.zebranation.org
4. I have been following the Ehlers-Danlos International Symposium taking place this week in New York. It has been so exciting to watch experts from around the world come together to work towards EDS awareness, education, and research. Obviously tons more is needed, but these kind of things are what gets us there.
5. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you Mama’s out there! Hope your day is so special! And to my Mama, I definitely hit the Mom jackpot with you. Thank you for all you do for us. You are the best and I love you so much.
Tags: Dr. Rosen, Ehlers-Danlos, Ehlers-Danlos Society, Family, Fundraisers, Gastroparesis, Holidays, Kindergarten, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Mom, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Teaching, Zebra Zoom
Trackback from your site.