1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. It was after field day so I had been running around in the sun for three hours. I had to suck up my pride and admit that it was probably best if we did heat, stim, and OMT only. That’s really hard to do sometimes.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- No doctors. I am trying to keep my schedule clear these last weeks of school, because I have learned from other years how hard the end of the year is on my body. Maybe I do get a teeny-tiny bit smarter with age…it’s all about pacing… ; )
2. We completed our sixth annual zebra day yesterday! Zebra Day is probably in my top 5 favorite days of the year. Sharing the message of kindness, patience, respect, not judging others, and empathy with elementary and middle school students never gets old. We were so thrilled to have special guest, former MSU and Miami Dolphins football player, Arthur Ray with us this year, sharing his zebra story of overcoming a rare bone cancer. The kids were SO into it. Made my heart so happy.
3. All of a sudden it was June. Then I panicked.
I’m trying to soak up every last second with my kids, but time seems to be going at warped speed. Between Zebra Day, Field Day, Picnics, and Half Days, I feel like my head is spinning. Oof.
4. Memorial Day. I always share this essay my brother-in-law, Gabe wrote a few years back. I get emotional every single time. I hope you will give it a read.
5. Team Zebra 5K! Life as a Zebra Foundation is partnering again with Antioch Cares for the Get Healthy 5k in Lansing on Saturday, June 17th! Please email me at email@example.com if you want to join our “Team Zebra!” It is a run or walk on a very flat course! We are trying to have the biggest team for the 4th consecutive year! Everything is due on June 9th!
Trackback from your site.