1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Cardio, triceps, and scaps!
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- No docs! Quiet Medical week. Love those kind ; )
2. Zebra Day! One of my most favorite days of the year! Allie and I gave presentations to 9 classes for our 5th annual Zebra Day on Thursday. It always brings tears to my eyes how accepting and loving the students and staff are at my school when it comes to learning about “zebras,” invisible illnesses in general, listening to our stories, and the lessons we have learned along the way. I think educating our kids is my most favorite thing to do with our foundation. Our youth may not totally understand the full meaning of “Dysautonomia,” or “Polyarteritis Nodosa,” but they ALL can understand the importance of always being kind, respectful, caring, and not judging a book by its cover. I just feel so grateful that our school even has a “Zebra Day.” It means more to me than words can express.
AND to see so many in their zebra gear is SO very cool…
3. Memorial Day…Before the cook-out began and the kiddie pool came out, I was able to get to the cemetery this year to help clean up my Grandma and Grandpa’s grave sites. They needed a lot of love, but were sparkling when we left. Such a simple gesture, for all they gave to us and our country. If you are looking for an inspiring read, search “An Essay to Remember” on this blog. It was written by my brother-in-law about bringing a soldier “home.”
4. My pre-kindergartner’s last day was yesterday. We celebrated with cookies, certificates, and having our kindergartners share THEIR advice for having the “Best Kindergarten Year Ever…” My fave: “When Ms. Katie makes that one face, you should really get your work done!” Haaaaa.
That’s the easier goodbye because I will get them back as kindergartners next year. The harder one will be next Friday when I send my kindergartners off to spread their wings in first grade!
5. Life as a Zebra Foundation is partnering again with Antioch Cares for the Get Healthy 5k in Lansing on June 18th! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join our “Team Zebra!” It is a run and a walk on a very flat course! We are trying to have the biggest team! Everything is due on June 10th!
Trackback from your site.