1. Medical Stuff:
- Three PT’s: Elliptical, bike, scap strengthening, core strengthening, heat, stim, OMT, and dry needling. STILL hip pain. Gah. I’m thinking I need to tackle the core more so that’s the goal for the next appointment.
- Home Rehab: Walks outside at an incline. Weights and squats. Core and scaps. Light Stretching!
2. We have been BUSY BEES. Probably a bit too over scheduled. Both Mondays, we were at the pool with family. My girl is becoming quite the fish. Our days have also been spent at the zoo, swim class, babies and books at the library, on playdates, going to appointments, and at a wedding. Time. Is. FLYING.
3. Six months of Lucia:
Firsts: Hotel. Swim class. Traveling to a different state. Friend’s Birthday Party. Aquatic Center. Michigan State Campus. Bar. First sign of teeth. Solids: prunes, sweet potato, avocado, squash, bananas, apples, green beans, carrots. Sitting up by herself.
Loves: Sesame Street music. Dancing. Being upside down. Fans and the hair dryer blowing on her. Pulling Mom’s hair and sunglasses off heads. Stomping her right foot. Elmo. Sucking on the bottom of cold pop cans. Her highchair. Her milk. Watching people eat. Standing. Baths. Walks in the carrier. Fake coughing to get our attention. Patty cake. Costco. Watching live basketball. Peek-a-boo.
Doesn’t love: Walks in the stroller. To be still…Ever. Green beans and carrots. Her stuffed donkey. Being stuck in her car seat. To be told no. Teething. New people at times (stranger danger).
4. Yelling from the rafters: My Mama is officially in remission. The best news EVER. Blessed.
5. Many have asked if I’m returning to teaching next year. Last week, the district offered an extension of my parental leave for the 2019-2020 school year. I jumped at the opportunity, and feel extremely grateful and blessed for my Lucia time (with more time to focus on my health) this upcoming school year. I’m learning in my old age that time is everything…Everything.
Trackback from your site.