Happy August, friends! I have to admit, my reaction to August is always mixed; I know there is still more fun and relaxation to be had, but I also know that life will soon go back to the “fast” pace that is often hard for me as a zebra at the end of the month…Sooooo, I am working hard on living in the moment, and not projecting. Easier said than done, but I am trying!
For the foundation, Gympalooza is coming up on August 23rd! You can check out the FREE event here:
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 day of PT. The usual drill. Lots of cardio and strengthening and I ended with cranial OMM.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- Had my six month cleaning at the dentist. Still no cavities at 32. Trying to keep the streak going!
2. Travel: Allie and I spent a whirlwind weekend in Cape May, New Jersey for one of our former gymnastics teammate’s wedding. Monica and I have known each other since we were five, and we always pick up like it’s nothing when we get to see each other. Those kind of friends are treasures to be cherished.
Monday I went to Crystal Mountain with Brad since he had principal/leadership school. I have been traveling quite a bit lately but this getaway was very low-key and needed. I spent one day at the pool and both days napping. I didn’t even get one pic!
3. Thursday morning I had a phone interview with Capital Gains magazine about the foundation, innovation, and what it’s like to be a zebra; especially in the workplace. I need to check when it will come out…
4. Our “Welcome Back” email from my principal came this week. How is it even possible that this summer is at this point? Time needs to SLOW DOWN!
5. This surprise came in the mail yesterday. It made me cry. If you have not read it, you should. It’s a beautiful book. (Thank you, Theresa. Love you, girl).
I am off with my family for a whole week of vacation! We haven’t all been together since Christmas. Cannot wait…
Trackback from your site.