1. Medical Stuff:
- Quiet week with 2 of my docs and my PT on vacay.
- 3 HARD workouts at home. I figure I better put it all out there while I am off from teaching, and have more energy.
2. I started a new FB page! Long story short…when I first became sick, I began to write. Writing became my therapy and this blog was born. The blog achieved a wide audience, and the foundation was born from that. When the foundation grew, I gave up the part that I loved the most: sharing my story with others so that I could run the business part of the foundation. I’ve missed writing and sharing, as I believe EVERYONE has a story to share that can help others. This summer I vowed to get back to what I love doing the most, which is why I finally created my personal page this week. If you want to follow my real day to day, it’s called “My Life as a Zebra.” xo
3. Watch out, the school supply buying has begun. 80 boxes of crayons. 20 boxes of colored pencils. $25 bucks. Not bad. Also, I may or may not be one of those crazy teachers that makes a purchase of a limited item, exits the store, re-enters so I can buy more of the limited quantity, and repeats that over and overrrr again.
4. “You need to understand that your body is not your enemy and it is not giving you symptoms deliberately. Forgive your body. It is doing it’s best for you always.” ~Jeffery
Read that this week, and loved it. Yes, some days are harder than others, but at the end of the day, it is the only one I have. I can choose to fight it, or choose to love it. I have found that showing it as much love as I can is one of the keys to feeling some sort of control, freedom, and peace.
5. Only 11 more endorsements to 200!
I am super humbled and honored to have been nominated for WEGO Health‘s Patient Leader Hero award for our Life as a Zebra work. If you believe in what Life as a Zebra Foundation is doing and what it stands for, please consider endorsing me (and therefore, LAAZF, because it is after all, a major team effort). It takes 2 seconds…You just click the link and the endorse button is under the picture! The three nominees with the highest number of endorsements will automatically become part of the five finalists for that award category. Thank you all for your support!
Here’s the link to endorse: Click here to endorse Katie/LAAZF!
Trackback from your site.