1. Medical Stuff:
- No PT this week. All rehab was on my own.
- 3 days of Home Rehab. So the new treadmill was put together, and then wouldn’t work. After a lot of time on the phone, the company said it was defective and will be shipping another one…So it’s back outside for walking and cardio until the new one arrives.
- I saw Dr. Rosen on Tuesday for a shrink appointment. Just trying to figure everything out…you know, life things…things like balance, perspective, health.
2. I am making this it’s own separate number, because it is HUGE to me. I know a lot of zebras will understand. I napped really well two days in a row (instead of lying there feeling like I have no “off” button) for the first time since school started. It makes functioning the rest of the day so much easier. SO much easier. I saw this picture the other day, and it is perfect for my life. Naps ARE a necessity, and must be a part of my management.
3. Conversation in my classroom this week:
Me: What do you think you want to be when you grow up?
Child: A daddy with a cape who becomes a dog at night.
Me: Oh, how will that work if you are a person?
Child: Because my Daddy is one.
Me: Alright, then. Let’s draw a picture of it.
(I had nothin.)
4. Yesterday, I met with an MSU Master’s student who is interested in writing a grant for Life as a Zebra Foundation. This is really kind of her, and super exciting for the foundation. I will be spending a chunk of today beginning the process. Fingers crossed.
5. As life gets overwhelming, and at times really stressful, I love going back to this quote…
The mundane is precious. The stressful is precious. The overwhelming is precious. Because that means I’m breathing. I’m doing things. I’m living.
Trackback from your site.