1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 Days of Home Rehab.
- I had two doctor’s appointments scheduled, but ended up canceling. My body needed me to clear my schedule to get used to school, and I am so glad that I did. I’m making a mental note about this for next September.
- One Labor Day Infusion. I spent my infusion writing! See below!
- My body is struggling. That is just honest…and normal. September is my hardest month as I adjust back to school. So if you don’t hear from me much, you know why.
2. The article I wrote at my infusion on Monday was published on Wednesday! Below is the link to the article, and a few of my thoughts…
- This was a vulnerable one for me, but one I thought was really important to write.
- When I first read the title (My original title was changed), I HATED it, because I thought it would take away from how much I love my job as a teacher…But as I read the article some more, and received a bit of feedback from others, I am starting to think that’s not necessarily the case, and the title is okay. Chronic illness is not always roses and inspiration. And it can be plain HARD.
- Mental health is something we need to discuss more and not be ashamed of. I believe it is just as, if not more, important than physical health. In fact, I do not go longer than a month without seeing my shrink. No shame in that.
- If this article helps just one, or spreads any kind of awareness, then it was worth it.
- I am going to start submitting my own pictures with my articles. That lady does NOT look like me
3. First. Week. Of. School. Holy Cow, I am tired. 27 new kindergarteners who LOVE to talk! Whew! We have quite a bit of work to do, but this first week definitely brought many smiles to my face. We have begun our year of evolving into a family.
5. Brad and I made a goal to walk one mile each night before we get comfy and ready for bed. Last week, we accomplished this once. There is no tired like first week of teaching tired. Here’s to shooting for two nights this week!
Trackback from your site.