So I just have to tell this story because it gets me teary-eyed every time.
Last week when Brad and I were on the road to Cleveland to go for my autonomic nervous system testing, my Mom called to see how my day was going. She and my Dad had been in Philly visiting Kristen, Jake, and the beautiful Cecilia Jane. They were headed to BWI airport and we both still had a couple hours left to be in the car. At the moment she called I was struggling. My back and head hurt, I was nervous, and I was experiencing the anxiety that a trip to Cleveland Clinic usually brings. I was trying like heck to hold it together. Sensing that I was near a meltdown, my Mom went into her pep talk, pick my spirits up, cheerleader mode.
Today I am thankful for all of the Veteran’s and people who are currently serving our country. Thank you for being the 1% of the population that makes so many sacrifices for the other 99%. A
September was the month I would be starting my 6th year of teaching. August was the month Brad and I were supposed to start trying to have a family. July was the month we were supposed to go to Gun Lake with friends. June was the month I would get to see my favorite band, Dave Mathews Band in concert. None of these things happened.
If the last year has taught me anything, it has taught me that life throws curve balls that are often beyond my control. This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn; one that is extremely hard to accept for a type A, control freak like myself. I have also learned that putting timelines on life doesn’t always work out as well.