1. Medical Stuff:
- Saw Dr. Rosen which was extremely needed.
- Saw Larry. He did some gentle neck manipulations, put my lower ribs back in place, and acted as another therapist as we continued to talk about goals. He gave me Apollo 13 homework due at my next appointment. Basically I have to relate my disorders and struggles to the movie and present it on a poster board. He must know I’m a teacher! Now I must find a copy of the movie.
- 2 days of PT. Started a small amount of treadmill work. I realized very quickly that sideways walking on a treadmill is VERY different than forward walking.
- 2 days of home rehab.
- Last day for the PT student who has become a good friend.
- Called Dr. Grubb’s office (for POTS) to check on my waiting list status. They said they may be contacting me next week for an appointment with the NP next month. Stay tuned…
Most mornings I make this smoothy for breakfast. I have come to really like it. This drink was recommended to me by the doctor who finally solved the mystery and realized I had EDS. He named it, ”Dr. Joe’s Magic Potion.” He explained that it has many “power foods” that can help bring down inflammation in the body. He is a pain management doc (physiatrist), and told me that he has had luck helping some people’s pain with this drink over regular pain meds.
I have always had a hard time getting in my daily fruits and veggies, so incorporating this into my diet has helped. Plus I think out of all the ingredients, the ginger root and the fish oil are probably the most beneficial ingredients for me. I have felt at times that the ginger root has helped calm some of my muscle pain and GI issues. The fish oil helps with circulation and is also another powerful anti-inflammatory agent.
Happy 100th post to me!
I’ve racked my brain to try and figure out what I could do to make this post special since 100 is a milestone…and I’ve gotten so much personal therapy and positive feedback out of this blogging journey.
So I decided I would try a giveaway! Now I know this experiment could be successful or it could flop, but I thought it was worth a try.
I got a text from Allie a little while ago that said, “Where’s an update slacker?” My response? “You don’t want an update. It’s been a rough few days.”
Then I thought if I only blog when things are good, then I am not being totally real about all of this, am I? And maybe being “real” will show other EDS’rs or POTSIES that they are allowed to be human too.
So I’ll get right to the point.