As you know, my Mom and I traveled to Philly April 5-9 to visit my older sister, Kristen, my brother-in-law, Jake, and my niece Cecilia. The pictures I am posting pretty much sum up the trip. We spent most of the time at Kristen and Jake’s house just hanging out, which is just what the doctor ordered.
On Wednesday and Thursday Kristen and Jake had to work so my Mom and I got to be Cece’s “daycare.” So tiring, but so FUN. On Friday, Kristen took the day off and Allie drove from Maryland for the day. So what do you think the five of us girls did? Lunch and shopping of course! Saturday, it was already time to go back to Michigan. The trip went so fast.
I did pretty well with sickness. I took a nap each day and at times needed to rest, but I hung in there. When I got home I crashed for a couple days but now I am back on my feet and doing my usual things.
Cecilia Jane is a 10 month old busy bee, always on the go. Her temperament reminds me of my younger sister, Allie. She is usually pretty intense and serious, but when she gives up those belly laughs and smiles, it is the best thing in the world. I hadn’t seen Cece baby since Christmas so she had changed a lot! Here’s some “Cece facts” from the 4 days I spent with her…
- She says “Ma-Ma, Da-Da, and “Dis,” as in “give me “dis.”
- She loves her play kitchen and her board books. Especially Pat the Bunny, That’s Not My Dragon, and Peek a Who?
- She still loves the baths her Daddy gives her every night. She does not love to have her teeth brushed.
- She hates having hats on her head now 🙁
- She eats all sorts of people food. While we were there she LOVED toast, spinach lasagna (see pics), sweet potatoes, yogurt, applesauce, pretzels, puffs, and bites of Grandma’s Italian Ice from Rita’s.
- She HATED green beans. Hear that Kritt?
- She doesn’t normally watch TV, but Aunt Katie introduced her to Yo Gabba Gabba. She loved dancing to the songs.
- She was almost walking. The day after we left we found out she took 5 steps on her own! I guess all the prep work Grandma and Aunt Allie did with her paid off.
- She loves laundry basket rides given by her Aunt Katie and Aunt Allie.
- She loves to get crazy with Aunt Katie, cuddle with Aunt Allie, but when it is time to just “be,” she is Grandma’s girl for sure!
- She loves to hang upside down. Gymnast, maybe?
- She has 7 teeth and counting!
- Her hugs and snuggles are the best.
- She loves to drop things and make you pick them up. Over and over and over…Cece thinks this is pretty funny.
- She is a fashionista plain and simple.
- When she is done she is DONE!
- She likes to dance to the “ABC song.” She also loves “If you are happy and you know it.”
- She claps and claps; especially after the “how big are you” game.
Trackback from your site.