Happy Rare Disease Day everyone! I’m off to Mishawaka to celebrate with lots and lots of shots…or should I say injections
Archive for February, 2011
I’ve been soaking up every bit of family time since we had Andy’s Army going away party on Friday. Since I have been low on sleep with all of the excitement, my down time has been spent resting, recovering, and replenishing my spoons…Needless to say blogging has gone by the wayside this weekend, but I should be able to get back on track since prolotherapy round 2 is tomorrow and I will be laying low for the next few days.
- 2 days of PT.
- The PT student did her In-service on EDS and I went to answer questions and educate the therapists from a patient’s perspective. I will definitely be blogging more about this.
- 2 days of Home Rehab.
I received Dr. Lavallee’s notes from our visit and something that took me by surprise is that he recommends I get a Medical Alert ID Bracelet….I have many questions about this one..
What would it say? POTS and EDS? Would Asthma have to be a part of it too?
1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 sessions of PT-2 strengthening and 1 soft tissue
- 2 days of home rehab
- Used my topical pain cream for the first time. It did help take some of my back and neck pain away. I love that it’s not another pill I have to take.
- Had the Rest and Recovery Talk.
- Had an hour session with Dr. Rosen. He definitely helps me get my head on straight.
As I was reading, this poem really struck a chord with me, especially this line: “No one else may have the blessings these problems will bring you.”